Author Topic: Ep32 and its inconsistencies [SPOILERS for up to 39, lol]  (Read 8444 times)

GodsKnowWho

• Old Cat
Re: Ep32 and its inconsistencies [SPOILERS]
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 04:41:38 AM »
So a bit of a new light came with episode 39 to this topic.

Sumiregawa-kun

• ~ the sleeping fangs ~
  • Static-Subs Pal
  • Forum Elder
    • otenba
Re: Ep32 and its inconsistencies [SPOILERS for up to 39, lol]
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 01:01:30 PM »
Ep32 and its inconsistencies [SPOILERS for up to 39, lol] <--TO THE BATCAVE WITH NEW TOPIC NAME!

Uhh, well, tbh, I didn't really get how ep39 added much to this topic, though someone somewhat bright on MAL did mention the possibility that it was related to the Touda being domesticated as opposed to wild. I suppose that'd be a reasonable enough theory. Anyone else have comments?
~Avatar Credit: ME!~

GodsKnowWho

• Old Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »
It can't be an opposition domestic to wild because in cataclysm story and Lilan case both beast lords and toudas were domesticated.
I rather think that the winner is an amount of touda. Or simply inconsequence :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:16:10 PM by GodsKnowWho »

Sumiregawa-kun

• ~ the sleeping fangs ~
  • Static-Subs Pal
  • Forum Elder
    • otenba
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »
It can't be an opposition domestic to wild because in cataclysm story and Lilan case both beast lords and toudas were domesticated.

I rather think that the winner is an amount of touda.

Not really...

Lilan is not fully "domesticated;" if she were, she'd have a brown coat I imagine, just like the other beast-lords on the field at Kazalm. Something having to do with the mute whistle killing their brain cells I imagine.

As to the number of Touda, that also doesn't really make much sense, as it seems just as strong to Erin whether there's one or dozens of Touda (since we know that, yes, she can smell it, too).

Or simply inconsequence :P

Uh, wait. So why did you bother posting then. GTFO already :/

GodsKnowWho

• Old Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 07:55:40 AM »
Dark grey coated beast lords are as dangerous to humans as wild ones. Those are rather like animals at zoo. Lilans responds to Erin, don't attack her and even is letting to ride on her back, so it's closer to domestication than any other beast lord.
Toudas living with humans might smell different than wild touda or a sight of a human on touda's back is sth unbelievable for beast lords and they are starting to go berserk. It's possible, but for me it's too complicated as for animal. I would rather think that they are genetically programmed to berserk mode when there's a lot of toudas to make sure that beast lord wins.

SupraGuy

• Forum Elder
  • Resident Car Nut
    • SupraGuy's Parking Space
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 02:27:10 AM »
Well, I'm pretty sure that the dark grey comes from the use of the benetropic water (Whatever that is) which seems to change the chemical balance of the body.  The change in colour obiously comes with a change in other properties as well.  It seems that production of/reaction to pheromones would be one of them.

Since Erin does not use the benetropic water in caring for Lilan, she would therefore be unaffected.

The whole bloodlust thing, well, it's been known to happen to humans as well, and we can't even pin down the threshhold where it happens then, so why should we be able to figure it out for a wolf/eagle/cat/whatever?  Or, for that matter, some lizards who have obviously never been introduced to cube-square law.
In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

SupraGuy's Anime List

Sumiregawa-kun

• ~ the sleeping fangs ~
  • Static-Subs Pal
  • Forum Elder
    • otenba
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 08:08:37 AM »
Or, for that matter, some lizards who have obviously never been introduced to cube-square law.

AHAHAHAHA.

RoboTek

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 04:51:27 PM »
Looking at the current episode, I think that it is just caused by the sheer number of Touda. If they get to attack and feed on one, that is fine, but as soon as their vision fills with them they go on a lizard-killing spree. The Touda probably have a similar defensive reaction whenever they see alot of beast lords.

blackice

• Static-Subs Staff
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 06:56:53 AM »
M'kay so. I present to you, Exhibit A. Exhibit A features Luke, eating a Touda.

Now, I present to you Exhibit B. Exhibit B features more beast-lords, eating Touda.

Why do I even bring this up, you ask? BECAUSE THEY SHOULD BE BERSERK IN NATURE IN BOTH IMAGES AND YET, LO:

They aren't.

Discuss. And I don't want fluffy 'well maybe it's just because they're in a group' bullshit answers either. They obviously hunt in packs when they went out to forage with the Je's people.

GO!

because I decided this to be so and my whims follow no laws of reality or are bound by reason
<@Kunio-kun> so I'll make sure to poke rape him starting weekend

Ratatosk

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 03:43:23 PM »
mmm, Touda-burger....

I'd assumed that they went berserk because humans were messing with them.. i.e. it wasn't a natural thing. It's only happened in the middle of a battle so far. Unless B is from some wild Beast-lords and not from the episode where Erin gets told the true story of Queen Je of course..

I also thought the Touda in Erin's village just randomly died (they did seem to get a lot of health problems, and it had been known to happen in the past). Soyon was the most convenient person to blame, and they needed a scapegoat otherwise the whole village was in trouble.
Could be wrong though, I've only watched the episodes once, with some pretty big gaps in between..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:48:51 PM by Ratatosk »

GodsKnowWho

• Old Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
Lilan went berserk when she saw that a man she remember from the past (it looks beats lords has memory equal to or better than humans) took a mute whistle. In one cut she hasn't red eyes, but that we can take as an overlook of producers.
Is it just hate that crossed some threshold causing a berserk mode? If we take that just few toudas don't end with crossing the threshold it kinda make sense.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:39:06 PM by GodsKnowWho »

spikoy

• UltraNewbie
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »
I can't remember where I read this from, but someone had read the novels and talked about the differences between the novels and anime, one big difference is the explanation of the effects of benetrophic water and the reasons why Erin's mother killed the Touda. The novel explained it in detail while the anime barely mentions any part of it.

Anyway the reason given behind the Beast Lord's behavior when attacking domesticated Touda is attributed to the effect the benetrophic water has on the Touda. Toudas which drink the water emit a 'sweet scent' that drives the Beast Lords crazy.

So to best appreciate KnSE it is best to read the novels AND watch the anime, even with 50 eps there are still things that can't be put in. Although the new additions to the novel series may leave you feeling more disappointed and unhappy.