Author Topic: Group on Hiatus  (Read 23634 times)

cyruz

• Forum Elder
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 21.0 Firefox 21.0
    • MyAnimeList.net
Re: Group on Hiatus
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 04:56:42 AM »
@Cyruz - From my perspective, poor-to-fair new Hayate episodes are still better than NO new episodes.  Your mileage may vary.  (And given your rant, I suspect that you'd disagree with me.   :)))  OF COURSE I wish that better Hayate was available, but sadly it's not.  I didn't find CTMEOY to be quite as awful as you did - it had a few moments that shined (Hayate and Hina's date, for example) - but I agree with you that the franchise peaked in the first two series.  But back to my point - even if I feel that bad Hayate is better than nothing, I still want it subbed properly.  I don't expect fancy karaoke effects (although sometimes if done really well I'll enjoy them), but I want the songs at least translated, because it would be nice to know what the heck they're singing.

At the risk of another rant  :O, what did you think of the movie?  It didn't have the jokes or the soul of the first series either, but I really enjoyed it anyway.  Hina had a Crowning Moment of Awesome with her daring rescue; as a huge Hina fan I had to love that.  (Isumi was awesome there too, but then she always is.)

Of course that's just my opinion and I'm always happy to see Hina on screen, too, But she still doesn't get enough love from the producers. I would love to see more of Hina's story done properly, but I know that's not going to happen and that makes me sad. I don't really want to watch them mess it up, so I'm sure I won't be finishing Cuties. Maybe I'll watch another episode or two though. It just isn't the same anymore, and while I do encourage change - as in evolving - it can always go two ways. I will always have fond memories of the series, maybe I should rewatch season 2 at some point.

I didn't like the movie that much either, but according to the score I gave it on MAL back then (6 out of 10, which means slightly above average), it wasn't as bad as the previous season. I do remember nice Hina and Isumi moments, too, yeah.

Nice guest username btw, Alf. Haha :D.

Gordon Shumway

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 04:04:57 PM »
@cyruz re: guest username - guilty as charged.   :]  (It's very rare these days whenever somebody figures it out, so I'm impressed.   8o)

I rewatched all of the first two series before CTMEOY aired, and I'm glad I did.  If you do the same - enjoy.   :))

blackice

• Static-Subs Staff
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 20.0 Firefox 20.0
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 05:26:20 AM »
G G
<@Kunio-kun> so I'll make sure to poke rape him starting weekend

Gordon Shumway

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 07:02:12 PM »
@Cyruz - If you consider watching another episode of Cuties, go with Episode 5, which features our favorite student council president.  She still doesn't get enough love or respect from the producers, but I didn't think this was a bad episode.  I've already admitted that I'm a huge Hina fan, so I'd like almost anything featuring her so long as it wasn't utterly horrible.  [And I'm still hoping that a fansub group out there - SS or not, although of course I'd prefer SS - will pick up this series and translate the OP and ED's.  Or just this one episode.  I love Shizuka's singing voice, and I hate not knowing what the words are that she's singing.]  There are a few cheap shots, but also some genuine laughs, and enough of the typical Hina-Hayate moments (you know how THOSE usually go) to satisfy the 'shippers out there.

Hayaku

• Browser:
  • Firefox 20.0 Firefox 20.0
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
Thanks for the update. As a static subs fan and long time follower, I was upset when you stopped updating :( But these news at least let me know you guys (except maybe kunio-kun) are ok. And hopefully Kunio is doing well as well ^.^ For now, I am hoping that you guys will make a come-back and until then, I'll keep on visiting this site in hopes of an update :)

From Hayaku with love~~ (no homo)

Chris

• Browser:
  • Chrome 26.0.1410.64 Chrome 26.0.1410.64
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 02:11:05 PM »
Thanks for the update, have almost deleted the bookmark due to the insane spam on the forums - I had long thought this site had died!

saik

• UltraNewbie
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 21.0 Firefox 21.0
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 10:07:24 PM »
It's always nice to see a post at least so we know why the subs have stopped.

I was searching for some subs the other month and it was heartbreaking to see sub sites that had subs but were no longer running and had suddenly stopped without a goodbye post. At least you guys are still around.

Gordon Shumway

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »
@Cyruz - Cuties Ep 10 featured Maria, like we've never seen her before.  (Plus it was a funny episode.)  Ep 5 (and corresponding cutie) is still the best of the season, but Ep 10 isn't far behind it.  So if you decide to give any of it a try, go with those two.

cyruz

• Forum Elder
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 23.0 Firefox 23.0
    • MyAnimeList.net
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »
@Cyruz - Cuties Ep 10 featured Maria, like we've never seen her before.  (Plus it was a funny episode.)  Ep 5 (and corresponding cutie) is still the best of the season, but Ep 10 isn't far behind it.  So if you decide to give any of it a try, go with those two.

Thanks for the info but I'm done with the series. There are enough other anime to watch and I don't have time for all of them. It's survival of the funniest and after the previous season, I'm not willing to put up with it anymore. I've supported season 1 and 2 financially so to speak but it's time to move on.

zhuzhu8376

• PiG FréaK
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 22.0 Firefox 22.0
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 10:44:02 PM »
I miss Static-Subs !!!!!!!! Hope you guys be back soon .

Kunio-kun be well and come back soon.

Anthony

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »
Just another dude hoping for the best.

I wish for all of you guys the best of luck!

Malignity

• Browser:
  • Firefox 23.0 Firefox 23.0
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
I still love you guys.

Hyoubu Kyouske

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 01:29:05 AM »
Hey, did you guys ever hear back from that guy who was your lead translator? I am asking because I am starting to get the feeling that this site is pretty much dead now. I don't know how a fan-sub site is operated but does that mean you guys can't do anything now or are able to at least find another translator?

Hayaku

• Windows NT 6.2 Windows NT 6.2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 25.0 Firefox 25.0
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 09:37:03 PM »
Hey, did you guys ever hear back from that guy who was your lead translator? I am asking because I am starting to get the feeling that this site is pretty much dead now. I don't know how a fan-sub site is operated but does that mean you guys can't do anything now or are able to at least find another translator?

A Static Subs group without Kunio-kun would unfortunately not be the same Static Subs :-/

First Eclipse went on hiatus, and now SS... Two of the best groups are gone and we're stuck with horriblesubs. I really hope Kunio-kun shows up again... Have you heard anything from him? So we at least know he's alive
and reasonably well? 

AoyamaMotoko

• Static-Subs Webmaster
  • Static-Subs Staff
  • Mac OS X 10.9 Mac OS X 10.9
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 26.0 Firefox 26.0
    • Animeneko Network
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 12:29:51 AM »
No news yet.

Yes, we could get a new translator, but with the length of time of the absence, nearly the whole group would need to be re-formed. Also, it's very difficult to find a good translator, so the loss of Kunio was a big problem.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:31:45 AM by AoyamaMotoko »
Happy Linux User
Player of choice: SMplayer and Mplayer2 (for extra mkv goodness!)